Monday, October 10, 2011

These Are the Flashback Maps I Want in Gears 3


If we've spoken recently, or perhaps even if we haven't, you know I really freaking love Gears of War 3.  The game offers a phenomenal amount of addictive game modes, including Beast Mode, Horde 2.0, Versus, Private matches, and my personal favorite:  Arcade campaign.  The story is gripping and epic and takes you to a number of breathtaking locations--from desolate to regal--and is a fantastic conclusion to Marcus Fenix's story.  It's loaded with unlockable content, from character skins to mutators to weapon skins to medals and multiplayer lobby titles, and with dedicated servers and a set of newly balanced weapons (except for the Sawed Off shotgun), Gears multiplayer has never been more of a blast.  I will be coming back to this game for years to come.  It gets 10 carrots on the Filly Scale.  There, I just gave you a mini-review!

With that out of the way, one of the aspects of the game I'm really enjoying is, indeed, the multiplayer.  Though the first DLC is focused on Horde, there has been plenty of other upcoming content, both confirmed and rumored.  Among a slew of new characters, nineteen new maps and four Flashback maps (Ruins, Blood Drive, Subway and Jacinto) have been mentioned.  Epic's eventual addition of twenty-four maps to the current ten is much appreciated, but I have to say there are more maps from the previous games that I would like to see in Gears 3.  So, here are my picks:

River
Previously seen in:  Gears 2

Avalanche
Previously seen in:  Gears 2


Mansion
Previously seen in:  Gears 1, Gears 2 (Flashback Map DLC)


Gold Rush
Previously seen in:  Gears 1 (PC), Gears 2 (Combustible Map DLC)


Courtyard
Previously seen in:  Gears 1 (PC), Gears 2 (Snowblind Map DLC)

Highway
Previously seen in:  Gears 2 (Dark Corners Map DLC)

My favorite new map in Gears 3 so far is Checkout, for the record.  Loved it in the beta, love it now.  Mercy and the new Gridlock are also cool.  What do you think?  Do you agree with my Flashback picks?  What are your favorite new maps?  Sound off in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment